Saturday, July 11, 2009

FiRst WeEk PraCticAL....

Finally, first week of practical is over. This is the 3rd and final phase of our practical. This practical is really challenging. I keep telling myself, it's ok to have barriers cause this is the time we gain experience and to learn. This time i got an urban school, and my lecturer don't really agree with my choice. They kept saying the negative things about the school and it really pissed me off. Are they suppose to do so???!! I mean, it's ok if we face problem cause this is the time we learn to adapt in different kind of environment. What if i face a worse school in future?? Am i suppose to sit down and cry for the rest of my life??!!
Their words bothered me so much on my first day to school. I wondered, will it as bad as what they said. My school is a very small school with only 265 students and 20 teachers. My preschool class has only 15 kids instead of 25 kids. I thought that it will do me good with just 15 kids but i was so wrong. 9 of the kids are just 5 years old, which means it will so tough to teach them. Having 15 kids is like having 50 kids. They are so active and threating the school as a nursery place, eat, play and then go home. Well, this happen due to their environment. Most of them are from a poor family, they come to school without having any meal. Not to mention that few of them have health problem. It's really pity looking at their condition. One of them is under weight with one eye that totally can't see anything and wearing a specs with 800 power.
I had a hard time teaching them the first two days. It's hard to control them and i almost wanted to cry. I kept telling myself that i must prove to my lecturer that they are very wrong of what they had said. I trained the kids and made some activities on the third day and i felt relief. They were not as bad as it seems. They just need a little bit of discipline and love. The preschool teacher was very nice and friendly too. So, never judge a book by its cover. Next week will be the starting of observation. Hope everything goes well...

5 comments: