Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My PlaCe Of WoRk

Left home at 6.30am today to lapor diri at PPD Hilir Perak at 9am. Nervous+ scare+worry..all kinds of feelings fill my heart.I looked around, no one i knew there..hurrmmm..never mind, i made new friends. All the GB were there to pick up their 'anak'.I wonder who will be my GB.The pegawai told us that there were no pedalaman and sekolah orang asli and no need to take boat to any school there...RELIEF!! When he announced our school names, i waited patiently. 7 people got chinese school..i was so confident i wouldn't get chinese school until my name was called...I got SJK(C) Chong San, Bagan Datoh...ohnoooo..how am i going to survive there...im OCBC (ORANG CINA BUKAN CINA)....I had a new friend with me, a guy from penang..luckily got teman..i didn't know im happy or sad....My GB, a young lady, brought us to the school and treated us including my family for a lunch there. It was located in a small fisherman village. My school is a small school with only 62 students, 12 teachers and a newly built preschool which will be starting in jan 2010. It was located about 2 and a half hours from my house, quite far. The teachers are all chinese and they are all young. Im living with my colleagues in rumah guru which is just in front of the school and its totally FOC...wuahaha... I told GB my main problem and she was like kinda shock i guess. She will have to find a teacher to teach my preschoolers Bahasa Cina..i felt so guilty, as if im a burden to all of them. Beside being a full time preschool teacher, i have to teach BM n BI for primaray. The worst thing is preschool syllabus just changed and we got no idea about that. What am i suppose to do??? I promised my GB i will do the class timetable. Tomorrow i have to go to school again for preschoolers orientation. Im so scared now coz its quite hard for me to communicate with the colleagues and students. Actualy, i havent got the time to talk to them. We had a meeting with GB till 4sth and i straight headed home after that. A VERY TIRING DAY!! I reached home about 7pm and tomorrow have to leave at 5.30am...This is killing me already...Can i do all this?? Can i survive in this school??? What will happen tomorrow?? How are the kids??

6 comments:

  1. dun worry y. han, u can survive.. i believe in u.. for the past 5 1/2 years, we managed to face the challenge, rite? so, chaiyuk2... all the best ya:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be confident in yourself.
    Do not see it as a weakness but see it as an opportunity both for you & for your students.
    You can learn language from them while they learn from you.
    Make it joyous & fun!

    You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. odet & ahkam - im trying my very best to be positive...really tough right now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing is too tough for you, dear~~
    =)

    All you have to do is believe in yourself & in God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are new to there, they will teach you and give you time to adapt with the environment. don't worry... when i first joint the bank, i am totally zero, i got a not-that-good team leader as u know, but i managed to learn slowly from other colleague who willing to teach (there are also coll that dun wan to help me), thus survived until now. i can do it, so can you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahkam & bei - wahh~~hope u two r rite..hope i cn do it..hope evyting goes well...hope i cn manage it...tanx...i really need support rite now...lotz of support

    ReplyDelete